Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Intervention

I think I will have to be staging a soother intervention in the near future, hopefully sooner than later. Ava's soothers had a place of honor while she was eating her supper, she is extremely attached to these things. (Please excuse her messy face we were in the middle of supper). We tried a while back for one week before I broke down. I had cut all her soothers in half so that I would not give in but after a week of getting less sleep than when she was a newborn, risk of her cutting out naps, Trev threatening to go sleep in the basement! I broke down and one night at 10 pm I threw her in the car and ran to the drugstore. She sat in the car holding her package of soothers chanting over and over again "two pretty seedews, two pretty seedews". It was hilarious to listen to but sad knowing that it didn't work. I was so excited to get a full nights sleep though! This time around I am waiting until she is completely done teething before we try again, one more tooth to go!
Ava is standing beside me saying "look at my seedews!" Then she started running around the house trying to find them. I have started trying to hide them during the day.

1 comment:

Terilee said...

bwahahhahaha. I can't believe that she has them in little seats. That girl cracks me up. I wish you luck taking those away from her. Grayson has started sucking on two of his fingers when he doesn't have a soother. oh boy!