Thursday, February 2, 2012

16

16 would be the number of cavities that Noah has in his mouth. He only has 20 teeth. He has been blessed with my genes of weak teeth and teeth spaced very tightly together. He had his first cavity at age 2 and now at age 4 when they were finally able to get an x-ray it revealed a mouth full of cavities. We were given the option of either 5 appointments using laughing gas in the dental office or 1 appointment at the hospital using general anesthetic. After having to pin him down when he was 2 to get that cavity fixed I was dreading going to this appointment. I had prepared Noah saying that he would be getting an elephant trunk and that he would feel a little funny but it wouldn't hurt. He was amazing. He hopped right into the chair, laid back and let them do whatever they wanted! That slight grin you see on his face was there from the moment he started breathing in the laughing gas. I told them if possible to do as much as they could and they were able to do two appointments worth of fillings in one shot. Every time the dentist would start drilling he would start to giggle. He was giggling so much he soon had the dentist laughing and then the assistant. It was a very happy appointment and I know it won't be a fight to bring him in for the next round. 6 down only 10 more to go!

1 comment:

Terilee said...

haha this made me laugh. I can just picture him giggling through the whole thing. How awesome that it went so well and that he won't have a fear of dentist from this. Poor guy. Him and uncle Shaun will have to bond over their many cavities.