One of my good friends invited me to a Pinterest party. If you haven't heard of Pinterest it is a website that basically creates a virtual billboard of ideas and things you like from around the world wide web. So my friends hosted a party serving food and drinks that she had pinned and always wanted to try and we were all suppose to bring a craft that we had pinned and wanted to work on. I was so excited and knew exactly what I wanted to do. I created an Advent calendar for my children to enjoy instead of those disgusting chocolate ones that you can pick up for $2. I included a lot of the typical things we do as a family during the Christmas season plus added in some new ones. I can't wait to show this to my kids and let them punch out the new activity. I don't have set days for each one so that I can choose what would be good based on whether Trev is around or on the weather.
I decorated each one to give an idea of what is inside and then the inside is filled with something also related to the activity!I was inspired by two cousins of mine. On their blogs they posted about an e-book they found called Truth in the Tinsel which is a preschool level advent book with teaches them about the Christmas story. I probably won't do all the crafts with this one as I have already created mine but I will definitely incorporate the Bible readings.
I am really looking forward to this Christmas season as my kids are old enough to start understanding the true meaning of Christmas and to also enjoy the many fun activities that also come along with this season.
2 comments:
You inspire me. I hope I take the time to do this when my kids are older. Such a fun idea!
Love, love, love this idea! :)
Post a Comment