Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Caught in the Headlights

Our phone conversation last night:

Trev: Guess what I have in the back of my truck?
Cynthia: (Oh no, I'm thinking) What?
T: Now keep an open mind, it is a hind quarter of a deer, and it still has hair on it!
C: Did you pick up some road kill?
T: No, one of the home owners shot it and gave it to me. Get out a cutting board and a sharp knife.
C: Why?
T: I want to cut it up and freeze it.
C: Why?
T: I want to cook it and eat it.
C: Why?
T: Come on, it will be fun
C: I just cleaned the house, supper is ready and I am getting a house full of women in 1 hour. I do not want my kitchen covered in blood and smelling like deer.
T: I'm home!

And so the bloody mess began. Trev dove right in like he knew what he was doing. It was kind of funny to watch. I have know idea what we are going to do with this meat, but Trev is always up for an adventure. He told me to make sure I have a back up plan when I (he) makes it. MEN!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY TREVOR!!!!
Tanya

Anonymous said...

have you tried cooking this meat yet?