Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

 Noah's kindergarten class went all out for Mother's day. When we first arrived they led us to our seats and pulled out our chairs for us. Next they sat on the carpet and showed us pictures they drew of us and told us why they loved us. Then they sang a couple of songs.
 Next his teacher read "Love You Forever".
They served us tea in china cups and lemon meringue tarts that they made that morning as a class. Last we watched a story called "Five Minutes Peace" which was all about a mother trying to have a bath without her children and have just five minutes peace, which of course did not happen! They gave us bath salts they had made and promised to give us five minutes peace to have a bath! It was a pretty special time to have with Noah. I felt very loved.

On the weekend I was loved even more. On Saturday I got a whole day off and scrapbooked all day which was wonderful. Trev and the kids gave me two huge bouquets of flowers! On Sunday Stacey, her sister and I cooked brunch (with the help of the guys) for our two mothers. We were a large group of 12 and I was too busy in the kitchen I didn't even think of taking pictures. It was a fun time and a nice full house.

Late afternoon we along with 4 other households in our cul-de-sac headed to the mountains for a BBQ and some dirt biking for the guys. The guys BBQ for us women and we hardly saw the kids as they were off exploring the woods. It was a great relaxing weekend!

No comments: