Tis the season for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes!!! I love filling these shoe boxes and taking my kids shopping to pick out items to fill them with. They both had a great time choosing what would go inside and decoration the outside of the box.
They were both so excited to fill these boxes and had a blast doing it. I enjoyed telling them about who they were for and why we were helping out another little boy and girl.
But my absolute favorite part is being able to volunteer at a the processing warehouse in Calgary. There are two location in Canada were all the donated boxes are sent to and each one has to be checked over to make sure it can cross the border. I am already booked in for two shifts with a good friend. We have decided that we want to volunteer at the warehouse every year and can't wait until all our children are full time in school so that we can volunteer for more days! I also have a neighbor who asked if she could join us and I am excited to share the experience with her as well!
1 comment:
How fun for the kids and a great experience! We are doing this in hong long for the first time this year.
Post a Comment