Sunday, June 12, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Both kids have been in swimming lessons the past few weeks. Noah is in a class by himself and I go in with Ava. I was on the phone the minute the office opened the first day for registration to be able to get my kids in lessons at the same time. It is so much easier dealing with wet bathing suits all at the same time.


Ava has loved the water since day one and has now reached the point where she gets mad at me for holding her. She is constantly diving out of my arms and does not seem to care that she is under water. She is CRAZY!! She loves to walk around and as soon as she can touch the ground and have her nose out of the water I have to let go or she screams at me. Last week I was just barely holding onto her bathing suit and she would get mad.


Noah is very timid when it comes to the water. He is fine in the shallow end where the water only comes to his thighs while standing. One of the mothers who watches from the sidelines said he has improved a lot from his first lesson. He will float on his back and stick his face in the water now. He is quite proud of himself with all of his new skills.

No comments: