
The soothers are officially gone. Good riddance! Noah was a soother addict, it was his drug of choice. He would carry an extra or two everywhere he went just in case. He would switch them out like they were flavored different. We had weaned him off of them during the day and he could only have one for nap time or bed time but with the chaos of moving and getting his two year old molars at the same time, I gave them back. I know I caved. 3 days ago we had climbed our bazillion stairs to his room to put him down for a nap and I forgot the soother downstairs. I was too lazy to go get it so I just kissed him and left the room. He played for a bit and then fell asleep. So that night I tried it again, kissed him goodnight and shut the door. No peep, nothing, he went straight to sleep. This seemed too easy but we have just finished 3 days and nights of no soother and there has not been a single complaint. I now can see his smiling face all the time without a piece of plastic hanging out of his mouth!!
No comments:
Post a Comment