Monday, March 3, 2008

I Still Love Him

At 3 am this morning I was reminding myself that I love my son but I would also love to have dumped him on his father who was peacefully sleeping with his earplugs in. The poopy diaper syndrome has slowed down for the moment, only one today!, but now Noah does not want to leave my sight and barely be away from my touch. Now I am all for cuddling just not 24/7. At 3 am this morning he was still not sleeping and I was trying to get comfortable in a semi reclined position. It is impossible to sleep leaning against a wall. I would just bend my knees in a squat position and Noah knew and would start crying again. I was finally able to put him down only to have him wake up an hour later as he was hungry. Bah! Trev took over for me at 5 and I got a couple hours of sleep. I love my bed!

During the day if I left Noah's sight he would burst into tears and it sounded like he was in great anguish over the trauma of me walking to the next room. So today he was about a foot away from me all day and sometimes that was not enough. As I was extremely tired I was doing everything I could to stay awake and as a result I cleaned out my fridge freezer, cleaned out 2 closets, did 5 loads of laundry and baked 3 loaves of banana bread. At least I was productive!

At the last count there are still no teeth but a friend was saying maybe he will just get all his teeth and once and be done. I pray it is so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cynthia, I would not function so well with that little sleep. I think I would be a lot grumpier.